Here comes the era of driverless car?
At the end of each month, we handpick and summarize 7 most critical and exciting stories in the industry. Also check the hyperlink to the original article to read more, enjoy and have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!
- Uber planned to launch services with self-driving cars in Pittsburgh, while Singapore startup nuTuonomy became the first one in the world to provide driverless taxi service.
- Ford to bring autonomous vehicle into mass production in 2021, mainly for ride hailing and ride sharing.
- Google is tackling the ride-sharing service market through popular real-time traffic navigation app Waze; Test out in San Francisco Bay Area.
- NVIDIA revealed the architecture and underlying technology of its advanced processor designed for autonomous driving – Parker. More than 80 carmakers, tier-1s and research centers are using Parker-powered DRIVE PX 2 system to develop self-driving vehicles.
- Amazon teamed up with Hyundai, to provide remote control on Genesis G80 & G90 models through Amazon Echo’s voice command. Alexa, please start up my car!
- Verizon to acquire Fleetmatics for $2.4 billion dollars and becomes one of the most powerful telematics players in the industry.
- Rastrac partners with Magellan to provide GPS tracking, truck navigation and FMCSA electronic logging device (ELD) – compliant HOS service for fleets and individual truckers.