TomTom City provides live traffic information in 50 cities worldwide.
At the end of each month, we handpick and summarize 7 most critical and exciting stories in the industry. Also check the hyperlink to the original article to read more, enjoy!
- All Ford 2017 models will equip with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, running on SYNC 3 platform.
- TomTom expands the coverage of its live traffic information portal – TomTom City to an additional 25 cities. Currently serve in 50 cities including San Francisco, Austin, Toronto, Singapore and Paris.
- Daimler acquired Hailo to integrate with its MyTaxi (merged in 2014) service; became the largest taxi-hailing app company in UK and Europe.
- Apple partners with Parkopedia to enhance its Apple Maps database with detailed parking information. The launch is coming soon on iOS 9 and iOS 10 devices.
- HERE rebranded its mobile app as HERE WeGo, adding few features including booking a car from Car2go service and taxi fare information.
- Harman launched its software gateway for Over-The-Air (OTA) updates, featuring with NXP’s secured gateway processors.
- Sygic teamed up with Forward Thinking Systems to improve truck driving safety by offering Rest Stop Planning fleet management tool.